Looking to get out of the house and have some fun this winter? Here are 20 things to do in Indianapolis and beyond to keep the winter blues at bay.
1. Treat your bestie to dinner and a showing of “A Christmas Carol” at IRT (Nov. 19 – Dec. 24).
2. Experience the old-world charm of Christmas in Germany at the Carmel Christkindlmart (Nov. 19 – Dec. 30).
3. Enjoy the magic and wonder of Winterlights (Nov. 22 – Jan. 2).
4. Make a date with your partner (or BFF) to go ice skating at the Holliday Park Ice Rink (Nov. 25 – January 29, 2023).
5. Take the little train lover in your life to Jingle Rails at Eiteljorg (Nov. 19 – Jan. 16).
6. Round up the family to see Indianapolis Symphony’s Yuletide Celebration.
7. Check out the new Winter Wonderland stroll at A Merry Prairie Holiday at Conner Prairie (Nov. 25 – Dec. 22)
8. Create your own holiday-scented candle at Penn & Beech, Unplug Soy Candles, or Circle City Candles.
9. Drive through Dasher’s Lightshow, a 20-minute Christmas display open daily from 5:30-10:30 p.m. in the Castleton Square Mall parking lot (Nov. 25 – Dec. 31)
10. Lace up your ice skates for a visit to The Ice Rink at Holliday Park (Nov. 25 – Jan. 29, 2023).
11. Hit up one of Indy’s sledding hills. See a list of top sledding locations from our friends at FOX59 here.
12. Have a drink by the fire at Just Pop In! and pick up a 12 Days of Christmas gift set while you’re there.
13. Hit up one of Indy’s amazing holiday shopping events — including our Holiday Makers Meetup at Maven Space on Nov. 30!
14. Try your hand at cross-country skiing or take a winter hike at Eagle Creek Park.
15. Surprise the kids with a visit to The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis — Jolly Days Winter Wonderland.
16. Go cocktail tasting in Tinsel Tavern, snag a selfie in the Polar Pathway, and say “hi” to Santa at Christmas at the Indianapolis Zoo (Nov. 19 – Dec. 30).
17. Celebrate 60 years of Downtown Indy Inc.’s Monument Circle of Lights with the tree lighting on Nov. 25 (Nov. 25 – Jan. 13).
18. Shop unique art at the Indianapolis Art Center’s Winter Art Sale (Dec. 3 and 10) or online via the Art Center Market, Nov. 18 through Dec. 16 at www.ArtCenterMarket.com.
19. Sip on a holiday-themed cocktail like Holiday Spiked Chai or a Christmas Cricket at Miracle on South Street pop-up bar at The Alexander (Nov. 25 - Dec. 24).
20. Take a thrill ride on the toboggan run at Pokagon State Park, open with or without snow (Nov. 25 – Feb. 26, 2023).
RELATED: 8 WAYS TO FIGHT OFF THE WINTER BLUES
Leslie Bailey is the founder and CEO of Indy Maven.
All of our content—including this article—is completely free. However, we’d love if you would please consider supporting our journalism with an Indy Maven membership.