Style Swap Fall 2023
Indy Maven and Maven Space invite you to raid the closets of 200+ of the city’s most fashionable women while enjoying food, drinks, music, and an amazing vendor market.
Tickets are $50 for Early-Access VIP, $30 for general admission in advance on Eventbrite, or $40 at the door.
ALSO: A 4-pack of General Admission for $100. Bring your friends and save $5 per ticket.
How Style Swap Works
1. You bring 1-2 items of clothing (and an accessory, if you’d like, such as a scarf, jewelry, or handbag—but no shoes, please) from your own closet. Like those cool jeans that no longer fit, or that deal-of-a-dress from 10 months ago that still has the tags.
Here’s an easy should-I-bring-it test: Would another Maven be excited to take this home and wear? (If you’d be embarrassed to loan it to a friend, please leave it at home!)
We welcome all brands, styles, and sizes. No judgment! But, the items must meet these standards:
In good condition (new, like-new, or gently worn), and cleaned and ironed. (No stains or rips, stretched-out waistbands, broken zippers, pilling, etc. Also: No undergarments.)
In style and by “in style,” we don’t mean it has to be trendy, just current. We love classic and vintage, too!
Brought on a hanger, please.
2. We’ll take your items as soon as you check-in, and will start to set them up in a boutique shopping environment. That will leave you free to enjoy light bites, cocktails and music, visit our highly curated vendor market and the gorgeous Maven Space, and take photos in front of the Maven signature Insta-worthy greenery wall.
If you’re a VIP ticket holder, you’ll receive a luxe gift bag with gift cards, sample products, and gifts from some of our favorite local businesses.
3. At a designated hour, the Swap Shop will officially “open” exclusively to VIP ticket holders for 30 minutes, followed by set times for general-admission ticket holders. We promise: It’s not quite the chaotic Running of the Brides made famous by Filene’s Basement. But, you might start to feel a bit competitive when, say, you notice that item from your favorite local style influencer on the rack.
4. Once you pick out a few items you love, you can try them on in our dressing rooms. Need some honest advice? Our style ambassadors will be at your service to give recommendations or to help polish up your look with accessories.
All swappers will receive a reusable shopping bag.
5. New to Style Swap Indy? Here’s some advice from an experienced swapper:
- If you want an exclusive first look at the “Swap Shop” and a more leisurely browsing experience, buy a VIP ticket. If you love the thrill of the hunt, Black Friday-style, stick with general admission.
- Arrive as early as possible for the best shopping experience. The good stuff goes fast. And, arriving early ensures a wider selection of clothing and accessories.
- Ask a professional stylist or a friend to pick out something for you – something that you might have never picked out for yourself, but that ends up looking amazing on you!
- Bring your girlfriends so they can offer their opinions, and help zip you up. Dressing-room space is at a premium.