We were thrilled to be asked by Redfin for one of our tips on what to do in Indianapolis, and our answer ended up being featured in this article written by Chibuzo Ezeokeke: “New to Indy? Locals Recommend Unique Things to Do in Indianapolis.” Thanks for including us, Redfin!
Here’s our portion of the article:
Check out the Indiana Peony Festival at Seminary Park
Every May, Seminary Park in nearby Noblesville, IN, hosts the Indiana Peony Festival. Peonies have been in the region since the 1800s and the first festival occurred in 2021. In addition to the Peony Festival, the park hosts concerts, weddings, and community events.
“One event that we love is the Indiana Peony Festival, which Kelly and Lindsey McVey founded,” says Stephanie Groves of Indy Maven. “The peony is Indiana’s state flower, and at this local festival in May, you will find loads of gorgeous peony plants, flower growers sharing their expertise, and plenty of fun activities for kids.”
And if you’re curious about what the other tips in the article were, here they are:
- Take a stroll along the Indianapolis Canal Walk
- Immerse yourself in art and nature at Newfields
- Have a spooky good time with Historic Indiana Ghost Walks & Tours
- Spend the day at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Have an epic experience at Go Ape Zipline and Adventure Park
- Take a day trip to the WonderTree Farm
- Catch a race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- Grab a bite to eat at The Eagles Nest
- Explore the Indianapolis Cultural Trail
- Spend an afternoon at the Indianapolis City Market
All of our content—including this article—is completely free. However, we’d love if you would please consider supporting our journalism with an Indy Maven membership.